Friday, December 01, 2006

Finished round V in 30:30

Yay! Round V is over and I'll be starting round VI today.

Have gotten more or less into the hang of writing every day again. I rather equate it with walking the dog... the dog [god] likes it and I benefit from the exercise. Some days I'd have preferred to play with my Sims 2 Pets, other days I'd have wished I owned a fast wagon so I can throw the dog [god] off it. The rest of the time, I'm just grateful to be walking the slobbery dog [god] and for the sun/rain/pigeon droppings on my shoulders.

Poems list to date —

19. Plate II: Black and Red Ink on White
20. Plate I: Black Ink on White
21. Sonnenizio on a Line from Wendy Cope
22. After the Fire
23. Paul of the Wrong Number
24. Self-Portrait with Stolen Wristwatch
25. Sonnenizio on a Line from Sarah Law
26. Plate III: Black and Red Ink on White
27. So What If You Love Your Migraine Like a Second Coming
28. Plate IV: Black Ink on White
29. The Macro Lens Feeds, in Part, on Human Skin
30. Sonnenizio on a Line from Vernon Scannell

The drinks are on me, literally:

Found out a few days ago that I've become Feathertale's Supermarket Tabloid Sestina Challenge Queen. Tee hee tweet tweet! I'm so thrilled a moving rollercoaster ride looks cheap and drab beside me! I'm jumping so high that I can feel the buttocks of angels on my head! Ha ha hardhat and panty holes!

Headlines Sestina was, naturally, first drafted in 30:30

That said, here are the boring details —

      Submission date: 29 September 2006
      Acceptance date: 3 November 2006
      Winning notification: 28 November 2006

On average, they've got a one-month response time. Have already bounced back twice with prose, so thought it was time I tried with a gunfire of poetry. My fiction-writing skills suck. Boo hoo hoodlum!

Count Olaf after The Grim Grotto:

For some strange reason, Lemony Snicket (the author) stripped Count Olaf of his award-wheezing villainous laugh in The Penultimate Peril (Book the 12th). The story of the Baudelaire orphans is sad... but I felt this loss as if the anvil tied to my braids fell and killed off my pretty pink toenails. Because of the author's lack of interest in further propagating villainous laughter [which, according to the 2 o'clock news, prevents winter flu], I've no choice but to cackle Count Olaf's evil laugh in the middle of Christmas shopping mobs and fellow poet bloggers' blogs. Bwuaaahaaaa epidemic!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Arlene. I know, I know, persistence is the key but sometimes it's rough out there...lol. I forgot to mention that I am the editor of Flutter, a poetry ezine. Feel free to drop off some poems, anytime.

Regards,
Sandy Hiss