Monday, February 26, 2007

Packed like luncheon meat...

and ready to leave. More or less. Will have to get all my stuff in some CDs now. Not sure if I'll be able to blog when I'm in Manila — with the dial-up access there, a webpage can take up to 5 minutes to upload.

The exciting life of a poetry editor:

I simply have to share Tim Green's worst week ever. Seems like a sound argument against unsound driving. And he's got photos to prove it, too!

There's also a note there that the Rattle site was hacked and went down a week ago together with their e-mail addresses. It seems fine now. Thought I'd share the news in case anyone submitted around that time and had problems.

But what excites me most ...

is yesyesyes! Max Winter's book, The Pictures is OUT!! Can't wait to get my hands on it. I mean, I've been waiting ages for a collection of his poetry. Here's an excerpt from one of my favorites, The ant.
The ant spends some time in the grass,
a long time, for an ant.
Two minutes, three seconds.
It then begins to emerge from between the blades,
head still, antennae moving slightly.
It is looking directly, we think, at the pastry crumb.
Interestingly, by the time the ant remembers
its original destination,
that destination point has shifted inexorably.
Simply adore the sense of distance and also the close observation of details — without ever sounding trite or forced.

Recent acceptance:

juked accepted my poem, His Creepy Gorilla Suit for an upcoming issue. Really love this wacky, wild 'zine, so I'm quite delighted.

     Submission date: 23 February 2007
     Reply date: 25 February 2007

Boring holes in my head:

• Chantal Kreviazuk: Green Apples
• Vasco Rossi: Sally
• Snow Patrol: Chasing Cars (yeahyeahyeah, thanks Mutt)
• Gianna Nannini: Meravigliosa creatura

3 comments:

michi said...

congrats re juked, dear wifeling! :)

and i wonder when you are going to spend a month with memememe (not that either of us would survive that. nor would anybody else in vienna, come to think of it.)?

chasing cars *is* lovely, isn't it? *sigh*

diinggxhp! which means "dying in an x-rated hijacking attempt prohibited".

m

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Great image on the cover at Stirring, Arlene - really nice.

Ryan Florig said...

Thanks for ssharing this