6th driving lesson realizations
• It now takes me less than 30 seconds to restart the car after a stop sign/red traffic light.
• For three times, despite the driving instructor's warning, I realized I can center the manhole like a man.
• Need to make peace with the steering wheel. Once or twice, during a jittery corner turn, I was asked taoistically where I thought I was going. Replied in kind that I wasn't going anywhere because I was already there.
• Rotaries. Sigh. Correct driving procedures require me to turn on the left signal light, then the right — while curving around the damn circle and looking out for other cars. Once, I fumbled too long with the signal lights and forgot to look where I was heading... until the instructor, invoking Santa Maria Cleopatra, grabbed the wheel and made me realize I was going straight for some nice red flowers behind the guard rail. Prior to this, it was a bank and the cheeky fella quipped that I might have a future in armed robbery.
• Have acquired the nasty habit of forgetting my foot on the gas pedal while taking corners/curves.
• A mental note to be nicer to the computer: like the pc when it goes into RAM-overload from sophisticated video games, I tend to get so confused with the footwork, the gears and signal lights while crossing intersections and going around rotaries that for a few seconds my brain hangs, shuts downs and then restarts Windows on its own. It's a rather bizarre sensation because, in those few seconds, I have no idea where I am, what I'm doing and where I'm headed.
Written driving exam update:
Have been rescheduled to take the test sometime in the first week of August. Have been studying every night and also dreaming of studying every night. Hopefully, between the two I'll managed to learn something and pass the test.