All has been quiet on the poetry front...
That's probably the reason why the authorities have granted me....
Wheeee! I was so relieved when the letter from the government arrived yesterday. I applied almost two years ago... and come March they asked me to ring the immigration office and request a follow-up on my 'ship. Thing is I've lost the phone number of the person I was supposed to contact.
So, I'm doubly pleased since I don't have to call anyone anymore. Having an Italian passport would permit to go to many parts of the world without requesting a visa (and getting interrogated regarding my dubious intentions) every time. Incidentally, it'll be the second time I change my citizenship. I just found out last year that I was a Taiwanese citizen at birth. Gaaaak. Why am I always the last one to know about these things? It was around that same time last year when I found out Neil Young was still alive. Right. Whatever.
I'm soooooooooo overjoyed that this round is over.
Taking a break! Wheeee! I'm so fizzled, I keep smelling my hair burn. Poems list to date —
21. My Real Intention Was To Steal The Bucket
22. At the Check Out
23. (fear) of being watched
24. (a fear) of rabbits
25. Laguna Palace, Mestre
26. A Night in the Suburbs
27. What My Elbows Say About The Afterlife
28. (a fear of) the man richard
29. On the 29th Day
30. This Much Is True
Teehee. There's a fear mania going on there. It's one of the things I love about 30:30... we tend to get rather obsessed over the same things. Really great interaction!
I've gone over the edge with the man Richard again. Must be a hang-up of some sort since Valerie and I never got to finish our story about him pinning tails on donkeys.
Since "school" starts tomorrow at Steve's workshop, I bought some books we've been assigned to read plus other things I've been wanting to get for some time:
• Nine Gates by Jane Hirshfield
• The Birth of Tragedy by Friedrich Nietzsche
• Proofs and Theories by Louise Gluck
• The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde
• Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
• Skin: The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies by Lee Varis
• Selected and New Poems (Pitt Poetry Series) by Denise Duhamel
• Amnesia by Jonah Winter
• The Fever Almanac by Kristy Bowen