Won't bother confessing what I've been up to these past few weeks... apart from frying my brain in front of the television and watching a chicken bone in a solution of water and laundry detergent — research for the novel Valerie and I have been plotting together.
• My poem, Say Goodbye to Baked Alaska is up in the July/August 2007 issue of Eclectica.
• Have two poems up in the Spring/Summer 2007 issue of DMQ Review: (fear) of being watched and Tessa Fishes in Her Backpack for a Banana.
• A recording of my poem, A Driving Student Adjusts the Seat is up in the Rattle Audio Archive. I really love this idea of asking contributors to send audio files of their poetry!
• Defenestration said AYE to a visual —erm— aid I sent them. Am tickled pinkish because I teeheed the whole time I was photoshopping it. It's due to be revealed on the 20th for their July 2007 issue.
Submission date: 18 May 2007
Reply date: 30 June 2007
• Zygote In My Coffee, another ticklish 'zine, accepted three poems: The Gorilla Suit Turned Up For Its Close-Up Today and Portrait of Anselma and Marianne as Minor Saints (inspired, if I remember correctly, by Sarah's In the Voice of a Minor Saint ) for their 4th Print Edition (due out late August 2007) plus Please Meet My Table for issue #93 of their ONLINE edition (due out 8/6/07).
Submission date: 5 June 2007
Reply date: 3 July 2007
Smileys of A's brain:
Haven't done much writing these days, but hope to haul my ass back to 30:30 sometime next week. Even the husband has noticed how oddly I act when I'm not writing. Funny how writing keeps my feet on the ground — makes me wonder if this is the same of others?
Here's the smiley of A's brain when she writes poetry:
And here's the smiley of A's brain at rest:
However, to make writing less interesting, the wineshop across the street seems to have closed for vacation — am going crazy from lack of draft wine or whatever they call vino sfuso in English. I desire some Sparkling Rabosé!