Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One week later...

waaaah!! Still suffering from jet lag. Not to mention that I'm way behind my e-mails. Been having some internet connection problems... takes me 5 minutes just to view a webpage and then the line keeps going down every 30-40 minutes.

Drives me crazy. I'll catch up on everyone's blog when I get back to Venice two weeks from now. Can't wait. I miss my –erm– ADSL line.

Acceptances update:

Boxcar Poetry Review has recently accepted two poems, Portrait of the Other Husband as a Clock and A Game of Patience for an upcoming issue.

    Submission date: 6 June 2006
    Reply date: 9 July 2006

Rumor has it:

• that Tattoo Highway is giving me an honorable mention for a poem in their "A Picture Worth 500 Words" contest. Yay!

• that I might be guest editing again this autumn. For The Pedestal Magazine this time. Sort of said I wouldn't be doing that again, but I've been told to stay away from trouble, like interviewers and interviewees, and to just stick to poetry. Hee.

Recent book purchases:
(or what little I managed to recall of the list I left in Venice)

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan

8 comments:

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Busy, busy, busy. That's your middle name. Good for you.

michi said...

ah yes yes yes re the books! let me know what you think - you know the fforde, gaiman and roy are among my favourite books ever.

congrats re the acceptance!

congrats re the HM - and btw, you are in weird but wonderful company, it seems, ie mine. ;)

thanks for stopping by my blog - it's nice to have a sign of life from you. i know it sounds strange, but i actually do miss you when you are away for longer. *LOL*

m x

Sharon Hurlbut said...

Congratulations on all the great publication news, Arlene!! And I'm glad you made it back safely.

lorguru said...

Oh! I got your comment and thought you were home already!
congrats on the HM...and michi too.
Take care!
-lauren

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Thanks for your note. If you like The Beauty of the Husband, you must read Carson's Plainwater.

C. E. Chaffin said...

Good to hear of your recent successes, Arlene. Good also to find your blog and make contact. I haven't been sending much out to webzines, or printzines for that matter. But I do have a poem coming out in the Philadelphia Enquirer's Book Review July 23, which is nice. But that happened through personal contact, not submission. I used to write a column for Eclectica, Tom's a mensch. I'm a gonna linka to ya now.

Gene Justice said...

Interviewers are trouble?

Hmm...

Pris said...

I recently submitted to Boxcar. We'll see what they say. That's a neat journal. Someone just told me about Pedistal. When I get some replies back from submissions and see what I have available again I want to give them a shot. You're inspiring me!